Thursday, December 6, 2007

Etsy Featured Shop: AurynDesign


(Author's note: Due to my own hectic schedule, I haven't been able to write the article-length pieces that I had been writing previously. However, I still have time to write brief features about Etsy shops, so here is the first of those. Enjoy!)

AurynDesign, the Etsy shop of Heather Hyatt, offers jewelry with a modern and Asian flair. Heather uses Japanese washi and chiyogami papers to create some of her beautiful pendants and earrings. She also uses sumi-e painting techniques for other pieces.


This Washi Geometry Pendant is just one of the pieces in her shop that really appeals to me, with the bright colors and bold lines. Other pieces may have a more subtle design to them, and are gorgeous in their simplicity. AurynDesign offers items that will appeal to nearly any aesthetic sensibility.

No comments: