Friday, January 27, 2012

Featured Friday: Derby Girl Designs

I got involved with one roller derby league as a ref about a year and a half ago, and my second league (helping out a junior league) a year ago. Though I've stopped skating, I'm still involved with both leagues, and I often look on Etsy to see what derby girls are making. That's how I stumbled across Derby Girl Designs. A player on the Chattanooga Roller Girls, she makes super cute vintage skate pendants and these great bearing pendants with a variety of colors available!

Knowing how quickly some derby girls go through bearings, it's great to see them getting a second life as pendants! Plus, what better way to show your love for the sport than to wear a part of a skate! I also really love the vintage skate pendants!

1 comment:

Kara Vorkian said...

I JUST found this blog post from a Google search. I'm the shop owner and I'd love to send you one as a thank you! :) Send me an email at KaraVorkian@DerbyGirlDesigns.com and let me know which one you'd like. Derby Love, Kara Vorkian